Submit a ticket

Personal Tax / Self Assessment

Am I self employed?
If you are contracting through your own limited company, you are employed. Your income is a tax efficient combination of salary and dividends. Limited ...
Mon, 8 Feb, 2016 at 3:32 PM
Do I need to do a personal tax return?
Since the new Dividend tax was introduced on the 6th April 2016 you will be required to complete a personal tax return.    The various points below will a...
Thu, 15 Jun, 2017 at 2:46 PM
How do I find my Unique Tax Payers Reference (UTR)?
Your UTR will be included on any letters from HMRC regarding self assessment. It is a 10 digit number (usually displayed in 2 blocks of 5). If you can...
Thu, 11 Feb, 2016 at 10:22 AM
How do I pay my personal / self assessment tax?
You need to pay your personal tax by 31st January, and you can do so via the link below:
Thu, 11 Feb, 2016 at 10:17 AM
How do I repay my Student Loan?
As a company director, you will make Student Loan contributions through your self-assessment return based on both salary and dividends at 9% of all inc...
Thu, 15 Jun, 2017 at 2:51 PM
How does the new Dividend Tax affect me?
Prior to the 5th April 2016, directors could take up to the basic rate tax threshold (currently £45k) in salary and dividends without incurring any perso...
Thu, 15 Jun, 2017 at 3:01 PM
What are Payments on Account?
If your personal tax bill exceeds £1,000 in a year, you will be required to make payments on account towards next year's tax bill, as well as pay your ...
Thu, 12 Oct, 2017 at 4:14 PM