You can claim the costs of a second residence near your place of work (rent, council tax, utilities, etc) if you are still incurring all the costs of your main / primary residence. If you rent out your primary residence, you can't claim the rent for your second property.

If you only have one property, HMRC will not allow you to claim these costs as a business expense.