The procedure for closing the company is along these lines…
- You finalise your bookkeeping to when your company stopped trading and let us know once this is done.
- We produce a final set of company accounts based on your bookkeeping info.
- We produce a corporation tax return based on your accounts.
- You approve the accounts and tax return.
- You pay the corporation tax bill from the money set aside, withdraw any remaining cash for yourself and close the company bank account.
- Once there are no outstanding monies owed by the company and there is no cash left in the company, we will notify Companies House that the company is to be closed by submitting a 'DS01' form (We'll provide this to you).
- Companies House will then close the company down.